Management of Provider Access Requests Procedure
A provider wishing to request access should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities for Access
St George’s Academy holds a dedicated annual Careers Fair that will allow access to Year 11, 12 and 13 students. Other opportunities to access our pupils may be during dedicated Life Skills lessons or assemblies.
Please email the Careers Lead to identify an alternative opportunity should the careers fair not be suitable.
Granting and refusing access to providers
Access will be provided based on meeting the following criteria:
- Adequate room(s) and equipment are available, based on existing timetable and letting commitments
- Staff are available to attend, taking account of participant numbers and teaching timetables and to ensure
- DBS regulations are met
- Students are available to attend, depending on the dates requested and curriculum considerations
- Providers offer impartial, unbiased and high quality content, meeting equal opportunity requirements
- Providers are GDPR compliant
The academy is committed to keeping children safe and our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy outlines the academy’s procedure for checking the identity and suitability of visitors. Education and training providers will be expected to adhere to this policy, which can be found on our academy’s website
What providers can expect once granted access
Once access has been granted, providers can expect to be able to promote the study/training programmes that their centre offers, as well as being able to provide clear details on entry requirements and application procedures.
Premises and Facilities
The school will make the main hall or classrooms available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit St George’s Academy with the Futures Lead. Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature with our Careers Co-ordinator who will distribute the relevant information to pupils.