- The New Academy Newsletter - One Year On
- Shortlisted for Renaissance Award
- Onatti Perform 'La Salle des Enigmes'
- Great Honour for Flight Sergeant Matthew
- Berlin Trip 2018
- Boccia Workshop with World Number One
- Students go 'Over the Top'
- Lest We Forget
- Thomas is at the Epic Centre
- Creative Writing Workshop Visit
A Glimpse Of The Future
Our Year 13 Computing students took a trip to the Future 2.0, an event organised by Lincoln University, showcasing the latest technologies within education. However, in order to add a bit of extra entertainment, the entire event had been themed around Star Wars.
Students were offered the chance to build robots to do battle in the battle zone, whilst chroma key and virtual reality were used to transport people into different worlds. Augmented reality was on offer to turn standard books into fully interactive learning experiences.
As well as bumping into the occasional Storm Trooper, four successful YouTube & Twitch Vloggers (The CaffCast, Goodboy, WillyB & SirCutieYuki) ran a couple of Q&A sessions describing how to become a successful video blogger.
Alongside tips on movie making, our students also enjoyed some light hearted fun, choreographing their own Star Wars Lightsaber battle sequence. Maybe they will use their new learned skills to become the next online sensation.