- Annual Careers Event Continues to Expand
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Royal Photographic Honour
- Tour Success for Harmony Group
- Music Department of the Year
- Blisteringly Hot Summer Cabaret
- Gallery Exhibits Students Photography
- ESSA National Final Achievement
- SlamJam Finalists Take To The Stage
We have seen the return of the International Green power final at Rockingham Race Track. Where our 15 strong team lead by Mr. T Mitchell took to the track with our three battery powered cars Sirocco, Mistral and Blaze. As usual, the day brought with it difficulties, but the teams moral remained solid. Race 1 saw all cars achieving a steady result and put us in great position for race two. All three cars rocketed around 1.48 miles of Rockinghams Oval track, bringing in fantastic times. Doing it for the girls Blaze’s fastest lap was 3.08 set by Jasmine (Y11), Mistral’s was 3.13 by Maddy (Y7) and Sirocco’s was 3.14 by Chloe (Y9).
Out of the 64 teams that took part in the race Mistral achieved our highest position of 14th. Previous to the final its position sat at 39th and so performed fantastically on the day. The whole team worked with professionalism and efficiency and achieved a brilliant result. We would like to thank all the spectators that came to watch on Sunday as it was not the warmest of days! Your cheers kept us going and to the students and staff for the dedication and time that they contribute to make the team as strong as it is today.
Finally a big thank you to Mr Mitchell for dedicating so much of his time to the cars and in his words ‘bring on the new season, I hope they’re ready for us!’