- Art & Photography
- Business Studies
- Childcare & Education
- Design and Technology
- Film Studies
- Health and Social Care
- Computer Studies
- Life Skills
- Media Studies
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education and Sport
- Public Services
- Religious Education
Key Stage 5
Students will be expected to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of psychological concepts, theories, research studies, research methods and ethical issues.
- Apply their new found knowledge in a range of contexts with analysis and evaluation.
- Evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of certain therapies and treatments.
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
Psychology is assessed by external examination only. At the end of the second year students will sit three 2 hour exams. There is no coursework.
Overall at least 10% of the marks in assessments for Psychology will require the use of mathematical skills and will be at least the standard of higher GCSE mathematics.
The minimum entry requirements for level 3 academic study apply. In addition, applicants will require a Grade 6 in English and a Grade 5 in Maths.
For more information on the specification details please visit www.aqu.org.uk