ALL CHILDREN ARE EXPECTED TO WEAR THE ACADEMY UNIFORM
The Academy has adopted the type of uniform worn in all good educational establishments. It is intended to ensure that a positive image of high standards is presented at all times and we ask for the support of parents in buying the correct items of uniform in the first instance and by ensuring their child wears them in school. The dress code is also intended to respect cultural sensitivities. Please note asterisked items on uniform lists (*) may be purchased from shops other than Nationwide School Uniform.
We expect our students to be neat, tidy and smartly dressed as would be expected in any place of employment. Exceptions will only be made where there is a valid medical or cultural reason why a student cannot wear a particular item or has to wear an additional garment. Parents should check with the Student Progress Manager if they have any doubt about the suitability of items of clothing they intend to buy for pupils to wear in school.
- The uniform requirements are listed. Top buttons and ties should be done up at all times and shirts/ blouses tucked into trousers/skirts.
- Fashion trends of style and colour are not acceptable for school. Hair should be a suitable, neat and tidy style and a single, natural colour.
- Hair should be a suitable, neat and tidy style and a single, natural colour. Hair length should be no shorter than grade 2 and there should be no tram lines or edges in the hair or eyebrows. Fashion hair accessories (including hats, caps and bandanas) are unacceptable. Dark plain hair bands and bobbles are allowed. Long hair must be tied back for practical work.
- Nail varnish and false nails are not allowed.
- Make-up must be discreet and acceptable to the Senior Management Team and Student Progress Managers.
- Fashion garments such as denim, hoodies, sports tops or leather jackets are not allowed in school.
- Bags should be a practical style such as a rucksack or messenger bag. ‘Handbags’ are not suitable for carrying school books and equipment and are not allowed. We recommend that students attach a reflective sticker or key ring to be seen in the dark.
- For health and safety reasons, the only jewellery allowed is a wristwatch, one ring and up to one small stud in each earlobe (no other forms of body piercings are allowed). For practical subjects all jewellery must be removed due to safety of an individual. Silicon charity bands are not allowed.
- Sensible conventional style, flat heeled shoes in black plain leather or imitation leather. Trainers, trainer hybrids, boots and fashion shoes are not acceptable.
- Mobile phones and personal music players are not allowed in school and will be confiscated.
The Academy places great emphasis on uniform standards and students arriving improperly dressed may be sent home. Items that are not permitted may also be confiscated and will be kept until parents can collect them. The Academy will not accept liability for any claim arising from theft, accidental loss or damage to personal effects, money, belongings or clothing whilst on the premises.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL PERSONAL ITEMS ARE CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.