For more information about the Academy please read our Prospectus, which is available on this website.
Applicants may only apply by completing the Academy paper application form, which is linked in the advertisements below. Lone CVs are not acceptable. If you are unable to access the online application form due to disability or limited access to a PC, please contact the HR Office.
PRINCIPAL: ST GEORGE’S ACADEMY
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 26 November 2018
Date posted: 9th November 2018
Start date: 1st September 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Group 8: Salary Range Leadership 39-44
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
This exciting opportunity arises owing to the retirement of the present Principal, Mr Wayne Birks, after five successful years at St George’s Academy.
St George’s Academy is a large, successful, mixed secondary school of 2,200 students (including 340 in the sixth form) serving Sleaford, Ruskington and the surrounding Lincolnshire villages. The academy has a main campus at Sleaford and a smaller campus (11-16) in the village of Ruskington. A £20 million building programme was completed in 2012 and provides exceptional facilities and the very latest technology; this includes an Innovation Centre which has a full-size car simulator, 3D cinema, TV studio and radio station. The smaller campus at Ruskington was rebuilt and completed in 2015 and provides additional outstanding accommodation. The Academy is rated ‘good’ by Ofsted and has secured three consecutive years of positive Progress 8.
St George’s Academy is also a leading member of the Sleaford Joint-Sixth Form (SJSF), a collaboration between St George’s Academy and the Robert Carre’s Trust serving over 700, 16 – 19 students in the local area.
The Principal is supported by an experienced leadership team and members of the Governing Body have a wide range of professional skills and knowledge and vast experience of school governance.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding individual ready to take up the challenge of leading this excellent school and making a strong contribution to the community it serves.
We are holding 2 open mornings on:
Wednesday 14th November 9.30 – 12.00
Thursday 22nd November 9.30 – 12.00
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 26th November 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th December 2018
Start date: 1st September 2019
For application form, please click here
For further details, please see links below:
Click here for Principal Job Description
Click here for Letter from Chairman
Click here for Person Specification
Click here for the Application Process
APPRENTICE PASTORAL ADMINISTRATOR
37 Hours per week, 52 weeks per year
23 days’ holiday
Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, Friday 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
£3.70 per hour
13-18 month apprenticeship
We are seeking to appoint a Level 2 Apprentice Pastoral Administrator, in partnership with Boston College. A Level 3 role would also be considered, dependent on the experience of the successful candidate. You will support the provision of clerical and administrative duties with the Pastoral Department.
- For enquiries regarding advertised posts please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted by email to this address.
- As part of our on-going commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity, St George's Academy is committed to eliminating discrimination against any individual on the grounds of the nine protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act (2010).
- Candidates are invited to contact the Academy should they wish to arrange an informal tour of facilities: however this tour does not form part of the shortlisting procedures.
- St George’s Academy has introduced probationary period contracts for all new employees. A copy of the full policy can be obtained by contact the HR Office.
- We are working positively towards making our equal opportunities policy a reality and have a Corporate team to advise on childcare issues.
- It is strongly advised that you complete and return your application form as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment. Whilst the planned closing date is included above, the vacancy may be closed early should sufficient applications be received.
- Disabled people and people with a manageable mental illness or with a learning disability are very welcome to apply. Support and/or assistance with completing an application form is available from the HR Office by email email@example.com or by calling 01529 301162.
*St George's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Please note that all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. Additional employment checks will be carried out for all roles in accordance with 'Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges'.