For more information about the Academy please read our Prospectus, which is available on this website.
Applicants may only apply by completing the Academy paper application form, which is linked in the advertisements below. Lone CVs are not acceptable. If you are unable to access the online application form due to disability or limited access to a PC, please contact the HR Office.
SCITT PROGRAMME LEADER (SECONDARY)
Full-time: 0.8 fte SCITT, 0.2 fte Teaching
Main/Upper Pay Scale
To start January 2018
The St George’s Academy Partnership offers School Centred Initial Teacher Training over six sites. The recent Ofsted inspection graded the programme as ‘Good’ overall, with ‘Outstanding’ for management and leadership. We are seeking to appoint a SCITT Programme Leader (0.8 fte) to support the Head of SCITT in the delivery and development of our partnership trainees in the secondary phase. The role is designed to run alongside a teaching load within the Academy for the remaining 0.2 fte.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 9 AM ON MONDAY 9 OCTOBER 2017. Interviews will be held on 13 October 2017
LEARNING MENTOR – SCIENCE
Temporary for one year
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary: Pt19 £15,962 (actual)
To start as soon as possible
The Academy is seeking to a Learning Mentor to provide support and guidance to students in Science, in order to promote effective participation, enhance individual learning and raise aspirations throughout the school. Experience of working with young people is desirable. Applicants must have a good standard of education and be able to communicate effectively with students.
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am 9 October 2017.
STUDENT SUPPORT ASSISTANT - FIRST AID
Term time only
20 hours per week (10.00 am to 2.00 pm)
Salary Pt11 £7,058 (actual) (subject to formal job evaluation)
We are seeking to appoint a Student Support Assistant for First Aid, to take on the responsibility for First Aid at our Ruskington Campus. Previous nursing experience is desirable, as is some flexibility with regard to hours.
Closing date for applications is 9.00 am on 25 September 2017
ACADEMY GARDENER/PROPERTY MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
Full time, permanent
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary S1.6-11 £15,014 to £15,807 per annum
To start as soon as possible
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Gardener/Property Maintenance Assistant to join the existing Corporate Services team within St George's Academy. Reporting to the Estates Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the courtyards, beds, lawns and wider external environment of the Academy to a very high standard. You will be required to have an understanding of good manual handling techniques and experience in gardening for a company.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 9.00 AM MONDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2017
- For enquiries regarding advertised posts please email email@example.com. Applications may also be submitted by email to this address.
- As part of our on-going commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity, St George's Academy is committed to eliminating discrimination against any individual on the grounds of the nine protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act (2010).
- Candidates are invited to contact the Academy should they wish to arrange an informal tour of facilities: however this tour does not form part of the shortlisting procedures.
- St George’s Academy has introduced probationary period contracts for all new employees. A copy of the full policy can be obtained by contact the HR Office.
- We are working positively towards making our equal opportunities policy a reality and have a Corporate team to advise on childcare issues.
- It is strongly advised that you complete and return your application form as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment. Whilst the planned closing date is included above, the vacancy may be closed early should sufficient applications be received.
- Disabled people and people with a manageable mental illness or with a learning disability are very welcome to apply. Support and/or assistance with completing an application form is available from the HR Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01529 301162.
*St George's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Please note that all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. Additional employment checks will be carried out for all roles in accordance with 'Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges'.