For more information about the Academy please read our Prospectus, which is available on this website.
Applicants may only apply by completing the Academy paper application form, which is linked in the advertisements below. Lone CVs are not acceptable. If you are unable to access the online application form due to disability or limited access to a PC, please contact the HR Office.
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
For September 2018
The Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of English to join a successful and talented team of staff. The post is for September 2018, although an Easter start would be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 9.00 AM ON 22 JANUARY 2018
ADMINISTRATION/PASTORAL ASSISTANT - KEY STAGE 4
37 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Salary S4.18-21 £16,572-£18,468 (actual)
To start as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an Administration/Pastoral Assistant for Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11). The successful applicant will work closely with the Pastoral Teams in supporting students. The successful candidate will have experience in working with students in the Key Stage 4 age group; have excellent organisational, administrative and inter-personal skills and will work well under pressure. Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team is essential, as are excellent keyboard skills, a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, accuracy, attention to detail and working to deadlines.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 9.00 AM ON 18 JANUARY 2018
- For enquiries regarding advertised posts please email email@example.com. Applications may also be submitted by email to this address.
- As part of our on-going commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity, St George's Academy is committed to eliminating discrimination against any individual on the grounds of the nine protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act (2010).
- Candidates are invited to contact the Academy should they wish to arrange an informal tour of facilities: however this tour does not form part of the shortlisting procedures.
- St George’s Academy has introduced probationary period contracts for all new employees. A copy of the full policy can be obtained by contact the HR Office.
- We are working positively towards making our equal opportunities policy a reality and have a Corporate team to advise on childcare issues.
- It is strongly advised that you complete and return your application form as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment. Whilst the planned closing date is included above, the vacancy may be closed early should sufficient applications be received.
- Disabled people and people with a manageable mental illness or with a learning disability are very welcome to apply. Support and/or assistance with completing an application form is available from the HR Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01529 301162.
*St George's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Please note that all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. Additional employment checks will be carried out for all roles in accordance with 'Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges'.